Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vendor Pick: Nancy Kay's Confections


Nancy Kay was kind enough to ask me to create custom pieces of cake jewelry (seen above) for A Soolip Wedding, an elite bridal show she was a part of this year which was held at the beautiful Vibiana. I created 3 flowers out of silver wire with swarovski crystals and swarovski pearls.

When I met with her to discuss the show, she gave me several cake samples to taste...who doesn't love free cake? My favorite flavors had to be "summer berry", dulce de leche", and "red velvet". She uses fondant for her beautiful and chic creations.

The first cake you see is from Brandon "Superman" Routh's wedding. The second with crystals wrapped around each tear was seen on Snoop Dog's Fatherhood's Vow Renewal Ceremony.

She's a very nice person, a master baker and an artist. You'd be priviledged to have her do your wedding cake.




This cake was adorned with flowers by Carissa of JLDesigns, who did the floral for the August Wedding I coordinated at Hummingbird Nest Ranch.



No comments: